|Businesses: Please check out our Recycling Services page to see what we can offer to your business
Frequently Asked Questions about Mattress Recycling
- Can I bring my mattress to your facility?
Yes. DR3 is open Monday-Friday from 6:00AM to 3:00PM. Mattresses can be dropped off any time during those hours free of charge. We accept up to 5 pieces per individual per day. We have two locations: 9921 Medford Ave in Oakland and 1233 Commerce Ave in Woodland.
- Where else can I drop off a mattress?
Click here for the nearest mattress recycling facility by name, city, state or zip code.
- Do you pick up old mattresses?
We offer pickup for commercial businesses only. For residential pickup, please call an independent hauling service. Examples of independent haulers are listed below:
- American Hauling, 510-220-1358. Serving Berkeley, Oakland, Alameda and Emeryville.
- Have Dump Will Travel, 510-504-6707. Serving all of East Bay.
- How does DR3 benefit my community?
In 2014, DR3 diverted over 135,000 mattresses and boxsprings from local landfills. DR3 also provides stable, quality jobs with benefits to local residents. DR3 operates under the umbrella of St Vincent de Paul, a 501c3 nonprofit. Proceeds from mattress recycling fund services for homeless individuals and families in need.
- How does mattress recycling work?
At DR3 our mission is to recycle as much as possible. That’s why we deconstruct mattresses by hand rather than shredding them. To learn more about how mattress recycling works, please visit the About Us page.
More About DR3 Recycling